Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday, October 1, 2012 Long Beach to Cannon Beach, WA 53 miles

The day started out somewhat foggy (we ARE, after all next to the ocean!).  The Discovery Trail bike path started right next to our hotel, and went for 4.5 miles.  It was such a fun ride first thing in the morning.

I waited for Patty Jackson, our chef/ride leader so we could ride together.  She was also ride leader on my 2011 Northern Tier ride, and we rode together for half the way.  (She and the other ride leader, Michelle, take turns riding.)

Kirby joined us about the time we decided to stop and take the 1/2 mile hike up to see the 'Cape Disappointment Light House.'  It was worth the effort to walk up and down the hills to see it.

The second half I rode by myself, which was actually very nice.  Total miles:  53



















                                                 We hurried through a long tunnel...two lanes, no shoulders.
                                                  Fortunately, there was no one behind us!




                             We could see the Astoria bridge we were going to cross from miles away!
















3 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures you post, it makes me feel almost like I am there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tunnel looked VERY scary ... and the Astoria bridge looked VERY long!

    ReplyDelete