Friday, October 5, 2012

Thursday, October 4, 2012 Newport, OR Rest day

After sleeping in a bit, my roomie, Nancy H, rode one mile to the bike shop where we spent the next two hours!  Nancy had some work done on her gears/derailleur.  Elliot, the owner, was shocked at how low her seat was, which was giving her problems with her knees.  (After raising it, she said she went faster and had less problems with her knees!)  I also had Darin Viar check out my cables to see why I was having problems.  He determined that my cable was frayed, so he replaced it.  We had a great time talking with Daniella, too, who was very enthusiastic about the town and that NEXT time WomanTours rolls through, they would be happy to provide brunch for us all!

From there Nancy and I went to Bayside Avenue for lunch at Ocean Aire, an organic food restaurant right on the bay.

Later I cleaned my bike, gears and chain to be ready for our ride into Florence, OR.




















No comments:

Post a Comment