Friday, April 17, 2015

4-17-15 Hammond to Bogalusa, LA 55 miles

It was a good thing we only had 55 miles today.  It gave me a break from the long miles to recover some from yesterday's crash.  Fortunately my bike did not sustain any major damage.  Part way into the ride almost everyone stopped to go into the Global Wildlife Center.  We had a great time seeing the animals.  Some went on a "private" tour and four of us took the regular tour, but we all had fun feeding the animals!

A few of the roads were rough, and I ended up slowing down and hanging on to my handle bars with my right hand to protect my left shoulder.  Most of the roads were smooth, and I made it into Bogalusa.































3 comments:

  1. Nice to finally catch up on your news! I so admire you!! Not sure I could do this ...

    Loved the pic of the zebra smiling at you :)

    What happened? Crash? I'll have to go back and read more, I guess ... hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawna. Still have bruising and road rash; shoulder and hand a little achy, but I will heal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dawna. Still have bruising and road rash; shoulder and hand a little achy, but I will heal!

    ReplyDelete